Saturday 23 January 2010

SURNAME WOES

STOP CALLING ME STELLA TAN!


Workplaces, banks, schools, hospitals, MOE and even the birthcert registry gets my surname wrong! What is wrong with the surname TAI?

-At the polyclinic-

staff : Tan Xin Yi..Tan Xin Yi..Tan Xin Yi!
me : *stammers* Are you calling Tai Xin Yi Stella?
staff : Tan Xin Yi right?
me : *peeks at medicine* It's TAI XIN YI!
staff : OHKAY! ......................TAN Xin Yi! Please collect your medicine!
me : *speechless*

It sucks! Having to go down to main offices just to change TAN to TAI on my paycheque. I recently went down to UOB to change my ATM card and guess what is embossed on my card again? TAN! I'm the only person in my family who has such problems. What intrigues me is that it's always mistaken as TAN and not Tay or whatever which is weird.

I WANT MY SURNAME BACK. /:

No comments:

Post a Comment